Thursday, April 1, 2010

Passover Seder


So tonight the Post hosted a Passover Seder dinner commemorating how God brought the people of Israel out of Egypt. It was my first Seder dinner and it made me want to wear a yarmulka and be Jewish. Anyway...it was a great time and I was able to learn a lot about the tradition behind the meal. My favorite thing about it is how symbolic the meal is. There is distinct symbolism referencing the Exodus but the tradition also is heavy with symbolism of Christ's sacrifice for us.

As we ate the meal I was reminded of Jesus eating the Passover meal with his disciples. From the time of the Exodus our Passover meal has pointed to our need of a Savior and these men are celebrating this very meal with the Savior who was about to be sacrificed for us. God knew at the time of the Exodus his plan for our redemption and celebrating the Passover meal just reminded me of how loving our God is.

"The Lord redeems his servants; no one will be condemned who takes refuge in him." Psalm 34:22


P.S. Don't worry thats not wine in my glass...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Unbound. Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved