Wednesday, April 14, 2010

"Father, glorify your name."


Since it was so nice out tonight, I spent some time on the porch reading the Gospel of John. I was reading in chapter 12 and wanted to share something that Jesus says.

"Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour?' No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. Father, glorify your name." - John 12:27-28

At this point in Jesus' ministry, he is on his was into Jerusalem for the last time. He knows the sacrifice that will be made there and knows that one of his own will betray him. You can only imagine how his heavy his heart was at this moment. While thinking about this I was challenged by the way that he accepts and embraces the will of the Father.

"Father, glorify your name."

I wonder how many times in my life I don't accept and embrace all that God is calling me to do. I think all to often I'm selfish (we're selfish) in the direction of our lives. As a result we don't fully embrace all that God is leading us to. With job change and marriage quickly approaching, I want to take hold of what God is calling me to whatever that might be. I want every day to be surrendered to God's will so that His name can be made great.

Have you said recently, "Father, glorify your name."

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Unbound. Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved