Wednesday, April 21, 2010

I Love Testimonies



One reason I love testimonies is because they speak of how God gives us purpose in life. When we accept Christ as savior we are given a responsibility and obligation to share all that Christ has done for us. Its amazing to see believers take this responsibility to heart and live out their testimony. Here is the verse that comes to mind when I think about this.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! All this is from God, who reconciled us to himself through Christ and gave us the ministry of reconciliation: that God was reconciling the world to himself in Christ, not counting men's sins against them. And he has committed to us the message of reconciliation. We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God work making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God." - 2 Corinthians 5:17-20

My story isn't as cool as Aaron Gillespie's. I'm not in a band. I don't get a lot of publicity. But the truth is I do have a story that needs to be told. I have a story of redemption and purpose that the world needs to hear. The same is true in your case if you follow Christ.

Share your story of reconciliation.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Unbound. Copyright 2012 All Rights Reserved